The school year has started again, which means for a lot of us, many birthdays! I have put together a massive list of easy birthday gift ideas. Always remember when picking out a gift, simplicity is usually the best factor, think about them, not what you want. Also I usually don't spend more than $25 on a gift. A little bit of money goes a long way. Shop around and you'll be surprised at what you can find!
- Put together a little gift basket for your friend. The best part about this, is you decide how much you want to spend, and what you want to put in it. There are so many ways to do this, and the whole idea is smaller gifts as opposed to one big gift.
Some ideas that I've done:
- My friend was moving away, and it was her birthday, so two of us got together a got her a bunch of things to remember us by. We went to Five Below, and got this cute simple beach bag, and then we went to Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, Icing, and some other random stores throughout the mall and picked up some things we knew she'd like. To make it personal, we got her a photo frame and put a picture of the three of us from our 8th grade dance! She loved the gift bag, and all the things were handpicked, so it made it super personal.
- For another friend, I got her a book, because she loves reading, a bracelet that I knew was totally her from amazon, some makeup, nail polish, colorful pens, and earrings!
Some ideas I plan on doing:
- A tumbler filled with candy, and instant teas. The kind you just add water too. This is pretty inexpensive gift, but so appreciated. It's a great failsafe plan because every high school kid appreciates food!
- A color themed box! Pick their favorite color, and buy a bunch of things that color! It's creative & you won't realize how much fun it is until you buy the most random things.
- A movie box! Buy the latest movie, or a movie you know is a favorite buy they don't own. Pick out their favorite candy, some popcorn, and other random snacks!
- A cute ice cream pack! Buy cones, bowls, sprinkles, chocolate, M&M's gummy's and chocolate syrup. On your way to their house, pick up their fave icecream.
- A bag filled with makeup! Go to Walgreens, or Walmart, and pick out a bunch of makeup that you know is good. Then either make a makeup bag, or buy one from Forever 21!
DIY's: Diy's can be tricky, because you never want it too look too cheap, and sometimes they just don't work! A lot of people don't really like recieiving DIY's either. Most of the time, I add my DIY's as a part of a bigger gift, like a part of my gift bags.
- Bracelets! I love getting bracelets. You can give friendship bracelets (maybe with their name), one or two from Forever 21, DIY a beaded one (COMING SOON), and this gorogeous bangle! I love this bangle, and it's super easy to make. I'm definitely going to be making one soon.
- Collages! I love making them for my room, but I also make them for friends. Keep all your magazines and put one together. It's time consuming though, so do these during breaks or when you have no homework and put on some Netflix to catch up on TV
- A DIY brush roll with a bunch of brushes from ELF, or Real Techniques, depending on how much you want to spend. The Real Techniques start kits are perfect and together will cost around $30.
- Rainbow cake in a jar!, recipe is byCrystalBeauty9 on youtube. I cannot wait to try this. You can obviously use store bought cake mix! But either way it's super easy. It's the perfect gift to give someone when you're at school, because they have something to munch on all day, but it's not messy and won't get everywhere, plus it's much easier to store!
Also be sure to follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and follow this blog! If you have any ideas on back to school gifts you've done, comment, so we can all help each other out!