Monday, December 19, 2011

Tis the season!

I'm going to be honest, I absolutely love ugly christmas sweaters, or even just ugly winter sweaters in general. They bring you into the Holiday spirit and they look so cute!!!
When I was talking so some of my friends, it came to my attention that people don't know where to buy them. So I thought, why not look for a bunch of them on Polyvore!
I actually found a bunch down here from American Apparel!
However, they are quite expensive, for a sweater that you would only wear a few times a year (I only wear mine the day school lets out for break & Christmas Eve or Christmas Day).
I would suggest raiding your local thrift store, so many people get rid of their sweaters, checking out Walmart or Target (not in the juniors department)! They're so inexpensive, but work for you!
I also know Macy's, JC Penny, and other department stores has a bunch of them! As I mentioned before, don't look in the Juniors Department. The Juniors Department will have fitted sweaters... but they won't give off the whole ugly Christmas sweater look!




Okay so consider the fact that you got your sweater... took you a while but know you have you're stuck with the dilemma of how to style it.
As you see above, you can pair it with a cute skirt (not plaid, it makes you look TOO christmasy) 
with leggings
(not the same color as the primary color of your sweater, we are not clowns) 
and oxfords.
However, I love going for a super oversized sweater, black leggings, and boots 
(maybe even some bells for earrings).
Keeping it simple is the best way to go, it'll make you look the best!
As you see in the slideshow below, a lot of people have styled theirs with skinny jeans! 


No comments:

Post a Comment